- This website, www.dementiaknowledgebroker.ca, is hosted by The Canadian Dementia Resource and Knowledge Exchange (CDRAKE)1. The site is a free public service to promote the sharing of knowledge to improve practice across the dementia sector in Canada. We welcome anyone willing to join us in this pursuit - Canadian or abroad.
- Given that some website content and information shared is related to health care, please consider the information provided does not constitute a medical opinion, that no remedy or information provided by CDRAKE or community members should be used without consulting a physician, and other legal considerations.
- Anyone can join www.dementiaknowledgebroker.ca by providing basic contact information (name, email address, province of residence). Once registered, please feel free to set up a profile and participate by engaging the CDRAKE community.
- You are encouraged to read, edit and write articles in the Resource Exchange; ask, answer, or browse resolved questions in the Knowledge Broker Q & A; and participate in as many events as you wish for free, and to share what you learn with others both online and offline.
- CDRAKE is seeking to foster conversation and knowledge flow in the dementia sector. Please engage in a reasoned exchange of ideas, avoiding flaming, name-calling, obscenities and insults. Humor, of course, is welcome. ;-p
- Please respect our community participants. Do not pester people or spam them in any way.
- Please respect the law and persons intellectual property. Do not post copyrighted material (unless you own the copyright) or attempt to engage in illegal behaviour of any sort. Please credit content appropriately by referencing your source.
- CDRAKE reserves the right to remove any comments or content from www.dementiaknowledgebroker.ca for any reason and without prior warning.
- If you violate these terms, or otherwise act disrespectfully, disruptively or illegally on www.dementiaknowledgebroker.ca, CDRAKE reserves the right to terminate your membership, at any time, and without prior warning.
- Please help spread www.dementiaknowledgebroker.ca with those you think would benefit from this community.
- Thank you. Please join the conversation and most of all, enjoy!
www.dementiaknowledgebroker.ca by the Canadian Dementia Resource and Knowledge Exchange, except where otherwise noted, content and images on this site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
1Established on March 31, 2008 through a 5-year CIHR grant, the Canadian Dementia Knowledge Translation Network (CDKTN) is a network for knowledge translation (KT) and exchange (KE) of research in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. The CDKTN is comprised of three research themes to provide a comprehensive scope for an integrated network of stakeholders: Patient and Caregiver, Education and Training, and Knowledge Exchange. The Canadian Dementia Resource and Knowledge Exchange is the Knowledge Exchange theme of the CDKTN. To learn more about the CDKTN, please view 'Our Partners' page in the About Us section of this site. Or, please visit www.lifeandminds.ca, the web publication of the CDKTN.